Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'm hoping to find the time to write something up about it in the near future



One of my all-time favorite opening credit sequences -- Pablo Ferro's wonderful design combined with Noel Harrison's haunting rendition of Michel Legrand's The Windmills of Your Mind - what a perfect way to set the mood for Norman Jewison's The Thomas Crown Affair, that timeless romantic thriller from 1968 that hasn't lost any of its charm or style. I like to pretend that the John McTiernan/Sting remake is just a remnant of a bad dream.
Several people asked about the alt-text clue (Don Quixote on the brain), which was simply a rather lame reference to the film's theme song. You know, tilting at windmills and such....
As some of you may have seen on my Facebook status, I had lunch with Susan Ray last week, and as a result I've been watching her late husband's films for the past few days. I just now finished The Lusty Men, which I hadn't seen in many years, and I was completely blown away by the editing. Ray tends to cut on motion, and there's a fluidity to the film that is nothing short of spine tingling. I'm hoping to find the time to write something up about it in the near future. (Why this isn't on DVD is a complete mystery...)
This week -- a film that quickly goes downhill after the credit sequence. Yeah, yeah, many love it, but....no. Sorry. Name the film. Submit your answers to this address. Good luck!
http://www.abcdwholesale.com/

Women's sandals
Women clothing
Men Clothing
Women's Shoes
Mens Shoes
Handbag and Wallet
Sport Jerseys
Brand Electronics
Fashion Jewelry
Other Product

No comments:

Post a Comment